TechTrend is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer with a strong focus on MS Azure. The selected candidate will be involved with transforming development and testing environments from on-premises to cloud-based. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions and execute on deliverables.
• 5 or more years of experience doing application and/or infrastructure solution architecture
• 4 or more years of experience building cloud architecture with Azure
• 5 plus years of Experience with Windows Server management (2012 r2, 2016)
• Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
• Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
• Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
• Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
• Experience with monitoring tools, such as Application Insights, Microsoft Operations
• Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL management
• Experience with Azure Resource Templates
• Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
• General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred
• Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering required]
• Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, and load balancing
General understanding of CMS applications, .Net Framework and/or .Net Core
Strong desire to learn new technologies
• Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols
• Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with limited supervision
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required Experience and Skills:
• Leading and coordinating the work of an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, specifically including developers, subject matter experts, database administrators, system administrators, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications.
• The candidate will be mostly involved with transforming development and testing environments from on-premises to cloud-based.
• Serving as a technical advisor to management concerning the planning, development, design, procurement, maintenance and implementation of enterprise-level systems.
• Microsoft Azure to deploy highly-available, scalable, and secure applications
• Working with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
• The Cloud Engineer is a cloud role in the project delivery cycle with hands-on experience migrating customers to the cloud and designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, or engineering.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life, Short and Long-term Insurance
• All federal holidays off
• Vacation: 2 weeks
• 401(k) Plan