TechTrend, Inc. is currently seeking an Information System Security Engineer/Analyst to plan and conduct system security verification and validation, testing, quality assurance, and/or process improvement. The selected candidate will independently analyze system security problems that arise with the use of automated systems.
The selected candidate will support multiple initiatives involving USDA-Forest Service systems security solutions, strategy, and implementations. Individual shall develop high quality assessments that provide an understanding and resolution to security related events and problem sets. Individual shall analyze and recommend resolution of systems security problems based on knowledge of large scale inter-networking and systems security, with a technical understanding of their limitations, and a working knowledge of the disciplines of cybersecurity. Applies knowledge of current USDA-Forest Service information systems security initiatives, policy, tactics, techniques, and doctrine, and relationship to security command and control, situational awareness, and reporting requirements and structure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct fact finding, investigation, and analysis, with some testing requirements, in order to define objectives for given security problems.
- Position requires competence in all phases of systems analysis techniques and concepts.
- Must have knowledge of system software, computer equipment, and the regulations, structure, techniques, and management practices as they apply to information security within the emergency management IT domain.
- Responsible for recognizing and reducing probable conflicts and integrating diverse data elements and sources.
- Prepares and presents briefings and training and/or oversees these communications on security enhancements or alternatives.
- Guide users in formulating requirements; advise on alternatives and on the security implications of new or revised data processing systems.
- Analyze resulting proposals, identify omissions and errors in requirements and assists with correcting these. May serve as lead analyst, directing and integrating the work of one or two lower level analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 7 years of relevant experience in a U.S. Government wildland fire or emergency management agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to pass background check and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- All Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
TechTrend – Arlington, VA