TechTrend is currently seeking a talented front-end application developer to join our team of talented staff in helping to modernize how citizens interact with their National Forests. Using a modern technology stack and agile approach, in this role you will have an opportunity to be a part of a workforce that is transforming IT through technology modernization efforts within the United States Department of Agriculture.
Be a member of an environment that thrives on innovation and ideas of all members of the team. Our environment is highly collaborative and allows you the opportunity to continue building your skills through training and multiple diverse projects.
Your contributions as a developer will make a real impact and be meaningful in helping to enhance citizens engagement and involvement to forests and help protect our national forests and grasslands.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to follow UX guidelines to build applications that are responsive and mobile compliant
- Ability to interface with the front-end via API to multiple data sources
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Write clean, well-documented, and well tested code using best practices for frontend development.
- Ability to interact with end-users and clients
- Provide estimates to the development staff on technical tasks and efforts required to complete assignment
- Apply industry best practices in completing the specifications, architecture, coding and testing phases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- How to do version controlling, preferably with GitHub
- Asynchronous calls, AJAX, HTML, CSS3, SASS (to make beautiful frontend applications)
- Familiar with Agile development framework
- UI/UX Basic Foundation
- React-native or flutter.io
- Dynamic Front-end routing
- Webpack, gulp, Bower
Work Location Fairfax, VA – 1 minute away from the Beltway
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- PTO & All federal holidays off
- 401(k) Plan
- Free Gym Access at Headquarters
- 1 day of remote work per week
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Job Type: Full-time