TechTrend is looking for a talented Scrum Master to join our team. The Scrum Master will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications. The Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment. The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable and will challenge the teams and strive for improving agile best practices to produce consistently positive results and growth of the team. This position requires technical understanding of software development and technology.
• Understand basic fundamentals of iterative application development
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
• Must be able to communicate well with teams
• Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
• Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
• Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
• Must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
• Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
• Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
• Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
• Manage test related documentation on GitHub repository
• Adhere to US Government policies and procedures related to application installation and/or integration testing and use
• Support program project planning and tracking activities
• Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years Scrum Master Experience.
• 5 years of technology experience
• Experienced in MS Azure
• .NET CORE experience
• Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus
• Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task.
Job Type: Full-time
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• PTO & Federals Holidays Off
TechTrend, Inc. is a Small Business providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading provider of enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend is a noted and trusted partner to our clients who seek our knowledge and guidance for their most critical and complex IT projects. TechTrend’s mission is to provide comprehensive, enterprise-wide IT solutions to our clients’ complex challenges. We serve as a liaison for positive organizational change by forming relationships and building bridges across functions, gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users, and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise-wide.