The Strategic Cybersecurity Network Engineer will support multiple initiatives involving Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity solutions, strategy, and implementations. Individual shall develop high quality assessments that provide an understanding and resolution to security related events and problem sets. Develop and document system and architectural vulnerabilities including solutions and countermeasures, and integrate same with emerging strategy and policy. Individual shall analyze and recommend resolution of cybersecurity problems based on knowledge of large scale inter-networking, cybersecurity, and commercial products and services, with a technical understanding of their limitations, and a working knowledge of the disciplines of cybersecurity required. Applies knowledge of current DoD cybersecurity initiatives, policy, tactics, techniques, and doctrine, and relationship to cybersecurity command and control, situational awareness, and reporting requirements and structure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support DoD in researching, evaluating, planning, designing, engineering and delivering, quality computing, network and cybersecurity engineering solutions in support of DoD activities and missions.
- Review and ensure compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) policy and requirements, including the DoD Information Enterprise Architecture as revised.
- Research, evaluate and assess impact of current and emerging computing, network and information systems solutions and industry standards.
- Develop architectural and technical guidance through DoD IT governance process for the successful acquisition, integration and deployment of enterprise information sharing environments that meet DoD functional, operational and information assurance requirements.
- Lead and support technical design and engineering of emerging technology through pilot recommendations and other research and development initiatives.
- 7 years of system engineering experience and/or systems security engineering including internetworking, datacenter and end user environments.
- Experience with LINUX, *NIX, Microsoft environments, VPN, PKI, Directory Services, Network Security, remote access, development of software products and information systems preferred.
- Knowledge of DoD Information Enterprise Architecture, state-of-the art internetworking and web security technology methods is required, as well as the ability to formulate requirements and specifications for systems developers.
- Understanding of content filtering, application firewalls, malware detection, and networking capabilities and the ability to articulate TCP/IP protocols operations to include but not limited to domain name system (DNS), timing protocols, and secure communication protocols (e.g. SSH, SSL)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related Information Technology areas.
- Seven (7) years general experience and five (5) years of cybersecurity specialized experience is required
- DODI 8570 Certification required. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
US Citizen with Active TS/SCI Clearance Required
Less than 10%