Author: Mike Gagnon- TechTrend Lead Business Architect
National Job Corps Reporting Dashboard
TechTrend is developing a National reporting dashboard at the request of the Executive Director and Chief of Staff for its 27 US Offices and National Office using Microsoft Azure. The site is a real time central collection point for financial data collection that will replace a manual system of updating spreadsheets. This site will be used to provide Congressional, Internal Agency, Department of Labor and Department of Interior real-time reporting and both financial and statistical measures.
Job Corps has recognized that staffing and program dollars are shrinking in the wake of today’s economy but can’t afford to reduce vital programs to the Nation’s youth. Therefore, Job Corps has turned to TechTrend to lead the way in modernizing their agency by implementing best practices, technology and business process improvement that will help stretch ever dollar.
Job Corps with the high-level talent at TechTrend are implementing the first USDA Azure Zero Government Cloud Infrastructure. Job Corps is moving in the way of modernization and innovation and has selected TechTrend to develop a state of the art cloud based environment. TechTrend has built a roadmap that will overhaul a decentralized system and process to a standardized central portal that offers cost savings through reduction of time and effort by staff, real-time reporting to Congressional leadership, scalability for growth and future mobile computing. TechTrend provides the entire package from hosting, development, process improvement, functionally, reporting, end user training, administration and ongoing support.
Our solution is built using the Microsoft Government Azure Platform that provides the IaaS and PaaS capabilities. The Azure Platform is the only technology positioned as a leader across Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Application Platform as a Service, and Cloud Storage Services.
Azure affords Job Corps Rapid Application Development to bring process improvement within 45-60 days, not years.
Microsoft Gold Certified Azure Government MSP
TechTrend is one of only a few Microsoft Gold Certified Azure Government Managed Service Providers and the only 8(a) with the depth and breadth of experience to provide Azure managed services for cloud-enabled business intelligence. TechTrend leverages our relationships and expertise in integrating cutting-edge technology to deliver enterprise services and data management.
Azure Government is a government-community cloud that you can trust, enabling US government agencies and their partners to transform their mission-critical workloads to the cloud. A physical and logical network-isolated instance of Azure, operated by screened and cleared US personnel, Azure Government has been specifically designed to meet the needs of US government agencies and their partners. Combining the robust capabilities of Azure with TechTrend’s highly skilled personnel provides the security, reliability, and scalability that enables superior customer satisfaction, reduced inventory costs, and an exceptional overall order fulfillment experience by automating and tracking the entire customer lifecycle.
Microsoft Azure Capabilities
Azure Government Cloud offers physical and network isolation from non-U.S. government deployments and requires specialized personnel screening. Azure Government will address government regulatory and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP, FISMA, ITAR, CJIS, HIPAA and DoD Impact Levels 1-5. Azure Government core components include Compute, Storage, Networking, Identity and SQL database.
Azure Government was designed with the principles outlined below to help government organizations embrace cloud services. The key principles are:
- Ease of Use. Makes it easy for developers, system administrators, and architects to build, migrate, deploy, and manage applications, and accelerates provisioning of resources to minutes instead of days or months.
- Open and Flexible. Empowers developers to choose the framework, tools, operating system and architecture to best meet their needs to build cloud solutions including .NET, Java, PHP and Node.js.
- Secure and Compliant. Ensure Azure Government is using Microsoft Azure’s world class security, compliance, and controls and is leveraging datacenters in the Continental U.S. (CONUS), screened U.S. personnel and policies to meet the higher level demands of US public sector customers. All compliance and certifications are validated by third party audits to ensure strict compliance with all security and data protection regulations.
- Enterprise Ready. Provides enormous scalability, reliability, and use of common management and identity tools that enables hybrid cloud solutions to quickly build, migrate, deploy, and manage applications using existing IT environments and cloud-enabled services.
- Availability and Reliability. Azure Government leverages “redundant” software capabilities to ensure continued use if/when experiencing system failures.