AWS Senior Cloud Engineer
The AWS Senior Cloud Engineer will work with the FDA to set the standards for virtual technologies and create policies/procedures for the operational team to follow. The engineer will be the primary customer interface to drive the adoption of AWS Cloud automation and the evolution of the AWS CI/CD and automation support services. The engineer will develop an AWS Cloud automation roadmap, to identify, define, and oversee the creation of automation to achieve the FDA’s goals. The engineer will collaborate with other SMEs and organizations to bring Cloud automation best practices into the account.
The AWS Senior Cloud Engineer will be responsible to perform the necessary facilitation, planning, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of an overall AWS Cloud automation strategy.
The AWS Senior Cloud Engineer will work closely with key service providers as well as IT service personnel to plan, design and implement AWS Cloud automation technologies that align with Cloud best practices and viable technology roadmaps.
The AWS Senior Cloud Engineer should have a broad background in Cloud technologies, with an emphasis on AWS Cloud tools and methods and extensive knowledge of AWS Cloud services automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
While primarily an individual contributor role, will direct and oversee other IT technology professionals.
- The primary responsibilities of the AWS Senior Cloud Engineer are to develop and maintain AWS Cloud automation scripts and templates, reduce operational risk, change and incident management of AWS Cloud automation tools and processes, and improve overall customer experience with AWS Cloud automation tools.
- Support the development and migration of automation services from AWS Cloud Formation to Cloud-agnostic automation tools (e.g. Terraform).
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend products and technologies that the enterprise will use to implement its application or cloud infrastructure automation strategy.
- Support the development of Cloud automation technology roadmaps that influence the orderly evolution of the enterprise application and infrastructure automation portfolio from current to future state (e.g., rectify gaps, and pain points), as defined by the business model and strategic objective directives.
- Consult on solution and automation of the AWS Cloud environment (e.g., infrastructure, networks, security frameworks, application platform upgrades) and modification activities (e.g., projects, break-fix, patches), particularly for new and/or shared infrastructure and cross application service owner solutions.
- Facilitate the technical evaluation and selection recommendations of hardware and software technology to meet AWS Cloud requirements.
- Consult on application or AWS Cloud automation infrastructure development and support projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution and/or technical architecture to accommodate project needs and/or address critical IT environment deficiencies.
- Oversee and contribute to the documentation of solution and/or automation architecture design and analysis work, including project postmortem documentation, lessons learned and metric collection.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, alignment, structures, provisioning access, segregation of duties, security vulnerabilities, business continuity and culture) and financial impacts to the cross functional enterprise solution and technical architecture.
- BS or BA degree in business, information systems, computer science, system analysis with an emphasis in information technology.
- 3-5 years of Cloud automation experience (e.g., infrastructure/technical, solution/application, information/data, security/provisioning, or enterprise/business process automation).
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience configuring, automating, and operating AWS Cloud services including EC2, EBS, AutoScaling, ELB, VPC, S3, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, RDS and IAM.
- 3-5 years of hands-on with developing and/or maintaining Cloud provisioning templates with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Knowledge of Cloud Governance principles and best practices.
- Very strong technical knowledge of cloud technologies and IT concepts specifically for Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with IaC, including provisioning template development and maintenance.
- Experience with DevOps principles and Container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Very strong scripting experience/background (using PowerShell, and BASH.)
- Very strong knowledge of requirements gathering and design processes for cloud automation.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configuration, technologies, and processing environments around the host of automation components of an enterprise Cloud architecture.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills as well as working acumen in one or more software automation development and/or support methodologies.
- Strong planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to translate business needs and apply multiple solution and automation technologies to business problems.
- Ability to understand the long-term (“Big Picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations and relative trade-off judgments.
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS Cloud.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define automation solutions to be built and deployed in the AWS Cloud environment.
- Able to provide AWS Cloud automation operations and CI/CD pipeline deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Experience with application / data migration to AWS Cloud.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and written communication skills, able to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines.
- Ability to work as a self-directed resource in a collaborative environment.
- Detail-oriented, strong work ethic and high standard of excellence.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and consistently meet project deadlines.
- Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
- AWS Container Platform as a Service (PaaS) experience including AWS Kubernetes and AWS Red Hat OpenShift (ARO).
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate-Level Certification or higher.
- IT Service Management Tools: HP Service Manager, Service Now, BMC Remedy, BMC Patrol, CA Unicenter, CIAC, vCloud Director; CloudWatch.
- Experience in one or more Hypervisor Technology: VMWare ESXi, OpenStack KVM, Oracle VM, Citrix XenServer.
- Azure Cloud automation experience.
TechTrend is a minority-owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading innovator in enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through professional services in cloud migration, application modernization, managed cloud hosting, DevSecOps, as well as innovation in the design, development, and execution of leading-edge IT modernization technologies. As an end-to-end partner, we provide reliable and rapid access to commercial technologies through our preferred contract vehicles and business partners. Further information is available at www.techtrend.us.R
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.