Cloud Solutions Architect
April 2, 2021
TechTrend is currently seeking a talented Cloud Architect to pave the way for one of our government clients towards a state-of-the-art digital transformation process that focuses around hybrid cloud technologies using the commercial cloud, including Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS and Google. The Cloud Architect should have hands-on experience in the designing, architecting and implementing of cloud services – Microsoft Azure experience will be preferred. The candidate should also have experience in cloud security/governance including subscription design, resource groups, and RBAC policies.
- Gather cloud requirements and assess existing customer environment for cloud adoption
- Analyze existing agency cloud policy and strategy
- Develop initial plans for cloud adoption roadmaps including target architecture, engineering design plan, milestones, sub tasks.
- Develop initial access method and implementation plan for governance model that will dictate role-based access
- Develop baseline for deliverables to include; Network access, Restriction of internet facing resources within cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure and AWS
- Architect Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS IaaS and PaaS offerings in FedRAMP authorized environments
- Produce Cloud Resource Templates, Policies and Governance Plans
- Hybrid Cloud Environment Support and knowledge transfer
- Provide guidance and recommendation on smart cloud solutions to business challenges with “cloud first” vision
- Work with various stakeholders and team to author white paper on cloud adoption roadmap and strategy
- Outline day to day activities related to managing and maintaining compute resources within cloud tenants
- Pilot highly available, scalable, and secure applications within Azure and AWS tenants
- Understanding on federal cyber policy and guidelines for cloud
- Communicate and work in an agile and automated environment with teams, managers, business units and stakeholders
- Provide technical writing support to proposals, based on availability
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short, Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO & Federal Holidays Off
- 401(k) Plan
Job Location: Fairfax, VA (2 days remote work)
Job Type: Full-time
TechTrend, Inc. is a Small Business providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading provider of enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend is a noted and trusted partner to our clients who seek our knowledge and guidance for their most critical and complex IT projects. TechTrend’s mission is to provide comprehensive, enterprise-wide IT solutions to our clients’ complex challenges. We serve as a liaison for positive organizational change by forming relationships and building bridges across functions, gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users, and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise-wide.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.