Computer Security Specialist (Must have Active Secret Security Clearance)
May 19, 2021
As a Computer Security Systems Specialist (Lead) on our team you will collaborate with personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support.
Computer Security Systems Specialist (Lead): Analyzes and defines security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues. Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions to MLS requirements. Responsible for the implementation and development of the MLS. Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena. Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff. Provides technical support for secure software development and integration tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adhering to the design concept and to user standards. Knowledgeable of Security/Information Assurance (IA) products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems. Analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems based on knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback to development and test teams of environmental or security changes that need to be accounted for.
- Implement mechanisms to provide the capability to preserve, protect, detect, react, revise and recover from threats, intrusions and denial of services. The procedures/mechanisms shall be implemented to adequately protect network, server, mobile devices, workstations, communication security and physical facilities.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Systems Security experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- Be familiar with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), DoD Instructions, and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) issued guidance.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level III
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Medical,Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- PTO & All federal holidays off
- 401(k) Plan (matching component included)
- Free Gym Access at Headquarters
Location: Springfield VA, Mark Center, (Some Telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.