May 6th, 2021
TechTrend is seeking a Cybersecurity intern to join our team. The successful candidate should be currently working towards, or recent graduate with, a BA or MA in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Engineering or a similar discipline. The Cybersecurity Intern must be able to work collaboratively across teams and with all levels of staff. This is a great opportunity for a Cybersecurity student or recent graduate, who is looking to take their skills and ideas and apply them in the real world.
What to Expect:
- Assist in the daily activities of a Cybersecurity professional and receive guidance from experienced Cybersecurity Analysts
- Exposure to multiple compliance frameworks and publications (FedRAMP, NIST Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, CMMC, DISA STIG, CIS, etc…)
- Research emerging trends (Trusted Internet Connection 3.0, Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA), emerging cryptography standards).
- Perform under supervision continuous monitoring procedures and maintenance of a FISMA Moderate system.
- Enhance your ability to use Security Tools and analyze their output.
- Strengthen your exposure to the Microsoft Cloud (Azure).
- Enhance your professional writing and documentation skills through development and update of corporation Policy, Procedure, and Security Plan
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Currently working towards (or a recent graduate with) a BA or MA in Cybersecurity, Info Security, Info Systems, IT, Info Assurance, or related field
- Applicable coursework/work experience in cyber/info security
- Knowledge of cyber tools, SIEM, cloud computing tools
- Knowledge of windows, Unix/Linux systems, cloud systems (Azure/AWS)
- Knowledge of RMF, technical writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and with all levels of staff
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute on multiple assignments at the same time
- Attention to detail and desire to learn
Work Location: Fairfax, VA (currently 100% during the pandemic)
TechTrend – Fairfax, VA
TechTrend, Inc. is a Small Business providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading provider of enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend is a noted and trusted partner to our clients who seek our knowledge and guidance for their most critical and complex IT projects. TechTrend’s mission is to provide comprehensive, enterprise-wide IT solutions to our clients’ complex challenges. We serve as a liaison for positive organizational change by forming relationships and building bridges across functions, gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users, and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide. We are our client’s trusted advisors.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.