Senior DevOps Engineer
January 29th, 2021
TechTrend is seeking a talented senior DevOps engineer to join our team of talented staff. Using a modern technology stack and agile approach, in this role you will have the opportunity to be a part of a workforce that is transforming IT through technology modernization efforts.
Be a member of an environment that thrives on innovation and ideas of all members of the team. Our environment is highly collaborative and allows you the opportunity to continue building your skills through training and multiple diverse projects.
- Build and maintain Jenkins, Azure DevOps CI/CD Pipelines.
- Assist in the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of cloud infrastructure automation solutions using Terraform and Ansible.
- Enhance and support our Kubernetes infrastructure and the continued migration of existing point solutions into Kubernetes.
- Suggest, design, and implement scalable solutions for running new platform components on Kubernetes.
- Experience deploying, tuning, and debugging applications running on Kubernetes.
- Experience developing containerized applications using Docker.
- Demonstrated experience with SonarQube is a plus
- Installing, configuring, and upgrading jFrog Artifactory to newer versions.
- Experience with AWS with an understanding of EC2, RDS, EKS, EBS, EFS, S3, Route53, ELB.
- Work through steps to automate installations of COTS products into the architecture.
- Comfortable working independently to manage projects and tasks to completion.
- Mange development and production environments within AWS and Azure.
- Architect and document designs using best practices with a focus on security.
- Expertise with Git, including branching workflows
- Solid knowledge on Unix operating system (any flavor of Unix).
- Strong networking fundamentals (TCP, HTTP(S), routing and network security) on any public cloud platform, preferably AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to write at least one scripting language and/or one programming language such as Shell, Python, PowerShell or other equivalent.
- Solid experience in deploying and managing resources on AWS/Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field
- At least 4 years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and cloud engineering environment
- 2+ years of experience working with agile development practices
- Systems administration experience
- 4+ years of experience in systems engineering and/or application development using best-in-class methods and tools
- DevSecOps tools in PaaS and/or IaaS is a plus
Fairfax, VA – 1 minute away from the Beltway
Limited travel to client location
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- PTO & All federal holidays off
- 401(k) Plan (matching component included)
- Free Gym Access at Headquarters
- 1 day of remote work per week (currently 100% during pandemic)
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.