Modern Application Developer
TechTrend is currently seeking a talented mid-level application developer to join our team of talented staff in helping to modernize how citizens interact with their National forests. Using a modern technology stack and agile approach, in this role you will have an opportunity to be a part of a workforce that is transforming IT through technology modernization efforts within the United States Department of Agriculture.
Be a member of an environment that thrives on innovation and ideas of all members of the team. Our environment is highly collaborative and allows you the opportunity to continue building your skills through training and multiple diverse projects.
Your contributions as a developer will make a real impact and be meaningful in helping to enhance citizens engagement and involvement to forests and help protect our national forests and grasslands.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to follow UX guidelines to build applications that are responsive and mobile compliant
- Ability to interface with the front-end via API to multiple data sources
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Write clean, well-documented, and well tested code using best practices for frontend development.
- Ability to interact with end-users and clients
- Provide estimates to the development staff on technical tasks and efforts required to complete assignment
- Apply industry best practices in completing the specifications, architecture, coding and testing phases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- How to do version controlling, preferably with GitHub
- Asynchronous calls, AJAX, HTML, CSS3, SASS (to make beautiful frontend applications)
- Familiar with Agile development framework
- UI/UX Basic Foundation
- React-native or flutter.io
- Dynamic Front-end routing
- Webpack, gulp, Bower
Work Location: Remote Work
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.