Senior Systems Architect(Must have Active Clearance)
March 23th, 2021
As a Senior Systems Architect you will collaborate to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support.
Designs architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades. Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards – such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model – as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application. Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and analyze design issues; consider design alternatives and present a recommended solution.
- Integrate the work of the system design, development, testing, and C&A teams to provide an integrated and coherent approach to deployment.
- Determine the necessary attributes for successful system deployment and develop and coordinate detailed implementation plans for each system deployment or modification.
- Assess capability gaps of the current architecture and develop an architecture roadmap/transition plan based on “as is” architecture and the “to be” architecture. Recommend and define the software and hardware specifications to support the “to be” architecture. Provide technical insertion services to support architecture modifications to integrate solutions into the current baseline.
- Conduct simulation modeling, data traffic flow analysis, network bandwidth analysis, performance and bottleneck analysis, design trade off analysis, load balancing and scalability analysis to validate architecture development artifacts.
- Maintain and update all artifacts. Ensure artifacts are linked and leverage object reuse where possible to ensure accurate system models.
- Gather systems requirements, develop the architecture, design, integrate and test software modules and field the software.
- Design, develop, test, install and document all currently deployed changes to the system Baseline Configuration in accordance with the Implementation Plan. The system will expand upon current capabilities and provide scalability for future growth.
- BA/BS with at least 10 years of Systems Architect experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level II
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
Location: Springfield VA, Mark Center, (Some Telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- PTO & All federal holidays off
- 401(k) Plan (matching component included)
- Free Gym Access at Headquarters
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.