February 4th, 2021
As a Solutions Architect, you will fill the role of trusted technical lead supporting business development, capture, and proposal management to solve some of the most urgent technical challenges facing federal agencies – modernizing their IT operations and migrating and hosting them security in the cloud. With your strong background in pre-sales technical solution development, you will act as the technical solution lead for writing proposal content for Federal and DoD RFx responses across TechTrend’s core IT services (i.e., Azure cloud services, application development, DevSecOps). You will also represent TechTrend as a technical lead in partner and customer facing activities, such as customer presentations and conferences. Your ability to develop technical solutions and articulate them in writing in a clear, concise, and persuasive way will be key to your success.
- Assist business development managers to identify and quality opportunities in TechTrend’s core IT solutions (cloud services, application development and modernization, and DevSecOps)
- Provide technical leadership in defining and developing technical solutions for RFx responses
- Support capture and proposal management in identifying and developing RFx response win themes and discriminators
- Author innovative and competitive technical approaches/solutions, and to structure these approaches into proposal storyboards and outlines to support proposal development efforts
- Write compliant, compelling, concise, and competitive technical content for RFx responses, white papers, and other technical content
- Collaborate with business development and proposal management to review RFx solicitations to develop an overarching compliant and compelling technical solution for the RFX response, helping to identify competitive strategies, win themes, and discriminator
- Work with the proposal team to define logical, compliant, and thorough proposal outlines that will serve as an effective shell for winning proposal submissions
Required Experience and Abilities :
- 5 years of IT Pre-sales Solutions Architect or Engineer experience
- Strong technical proposal and white paper writing experience
- Ability to write technical solutions for proposals and white papers in a clear, concise, and compelling way for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced knowledge of cloud services (Azure is preferred)
- The capacity and desire to continue to develop knowledge of Azure cloud services and expand your knowledge base to support TechTrend’s full portfolio of IT services, such as application development and modernization, and DevSecOps
Preferred Experience and Abilities :
- Associate or Expert cloud certifications (e.g., Azure Systems Administrator, Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Solutions Architect, etc.)
- Knowledge of application development, including DevOps
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or 6 years of systems engineering and/or solutions architecture experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
None but clearable
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
- Personal Time Off
- Teleworking Opportunities Available
- 401k Plan
- Top pay plus bonus opportunity
TechTrend is a minority-owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading innovator in enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through professional services in cloud migration, application modernization, managed cloud hosting, DevSecOps, as well as innovation in the design, development, and execution of leading-edge IT modernization technologies. As an end-to-end partner, we provide reliable and rapid access to commercial technologies through our preferred contract vehicles and business partners. Further information is available at www.techtrend.us.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.