TechTrend, Incorporated (TechTrend) is in search of a Solutions Architect to design and document a flexible data architecture and ETL plan for Azure ADLS and Synapse. Architecture should include cross-program lookup tables for all entities, individuals, and attributes, and include aggregate views to quickly summarize by program award and disbursement totals, along with other key fields identified by SBA OIG.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders
- With the support of the SBA OIG Data Analytics Team and available documentation, review source data samples of source data extracts.
- Perform an initial data quality analysis on source tables to identify any abnormalities or inconsistencies.
- Design and document draft architecture and ETL plan for review by SBA OIG and stakeholders. Architecture should include cross-program lookup tables for all entities, individuals, and attributes, and include aggregate views to quickly summarize by program award and disbursement totals, along with other key fields identified by SBA OIG.
- Identify and document any potential risks or challenges for review by SBA OIG and stakeholders, including the identification of data types that may require non-standard transformation techniques, such as character fields with values greater than the allowed maximum in Azure Synapse.
- Provide efficient manipulation and transformation of selected data.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Must have five (5) years of hands-on experience designing and implementing cloud-based data analytics environments
- Must be able to demonstrate at least two (2) years of hands-on experience as an Azure cloud architect designing, implementing, and monitoring complex infrastructures.
- Demonstrate experience vetting and reengineering existing infrastructures with the ability to identify gaps and recommend detailed efficient transition plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Work Location: The majority of the work can be carried out remotely. Occasional client meetings at government site in Washington DC are possible.
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.