Business Development Professional
TechTrend is seeking a senior level Business Development professional to identify, qualify and capture new business opportunities in the Federal IT Professional Services and Cloud market space. The successful candidate will be responsible for account development and management, pipeline development, and sales strategy execution for assigned accounts. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the DoD and Federal markets and have demonstrated customer intimacy in specific accounts. He/she will be an experienced Business Development professional with a clear track record of driving and achieving new business revenue growth.
Account responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to one or more of the following:
- Army, Air Force, Space Force, or Navy
- Intelligence Community (IC)
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of identifying and qualifying new business targets in assigned accounts and will actively participate in the development of proposals by providing and integrating capture information that will maximize probability of win (Pwin). Using a structured and customer-focused account planning process, the candidate will identify and qualify new target opportunities with high win potential. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain an account plan for each assigned customer account.
- Identify, develop, qualify, capture, and win new business consistent with account goals and new business quotas.
- Develop and manage a qualified pipeline of opportunities in assigned accounts.
- Develop and implement call plans to identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Develop and present accurate and timely opportunity decision briefings to senior TechTrend management team for bid/no-bid decisions and bid resource allocation.
- Actively participate in proposal development and color review teams to provide winning strategies, win themes, and value propositions from a customer perspective.
- Leverage existing customer programs and successful customer outcomes to identify and close new customers.
- Develop and deliver internal/external presentations of a professional caliber consistent with TechTrend media standards.
- Work closely with the CEO and other C-level executives at the company in addition to performing with little supervision to achieve goals.
- Identify and secure teaming partners to support technical solutioning and proposal win strategies.
- Perform all necessary CRM activities to maintain effective relationships with teaming partners, strategic partners, and customers.
The chosen candidate will have strong critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver always finding efficient ways to help the customer achieve their mission. The ideal candidate will be a team player who inspires trust and confidence. The selected candidate will, above all, have a reputation and track record of success as an exemplary sales and business leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or technical discipline.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Business Development professional with a demonstrated track record of meeting sales objectives.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based technologies as well as the ability to understand and leverage technical ideas, concepts and methods to drive sales.
- Demonstrated new business pipeline management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated capture and proposal development experience.
- Excellent time management skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and proactive while taking full ownership of work products associated with the business development and capture function.
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, or comparable pipeline management systems for opportunity tracking and management reporting.
- Have completed or is willing to complete the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) certificate course.
- Base compensation: Commensurate with experience.
- Incentive: Defined new business percentage-based plan; opportunity for additional incentives.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- None (Secret Clearance Preferred)
- Estimated at 15%
- In or around the Washington D.C. area (remote work possible)
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short, Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO & Federal Holidays Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Access to state-of-the-art gymnasium (at TechTrend HQ)
- Premium coffee bar (at TechTrend HQ)
TechTrend, Inc.TechTrend, Inc. is a veteran-friendly small business providing expert solutions, products, and services to the federal government. Founded in 2003, we continue to evolve with capabilities in cybersecurity, devsecops, cloud managed services, cloud migration, and application development. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and leading provider of Azure cloud services. TechTrend is recognized as a trusted partner delivering knowledge and guidance for our client’s most critical and complex support and service needs. As a liaison for positive organizational change, we form relationships and build bridges while ensuring quality across functions—gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide. TechTrend is a fast-growing company with a dynamic, inclusive corporate culture headquartered in a state-of-the-art facility near the well-known Fairfax Mosaic District.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.