DevOps and Cloud Engineer - Mid Level
TechTrend, Inc., is currently seeking a talented DevOps and Cloud Engineer for a technical Navy government contract. Selected candidate must have an active Secret Security Clearance, with ability to upgrade to TS. The selected candidate will maintain operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Selected candidate will make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery in addition to developing and monitoring policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
Contract is for a 5-year period with extensions expected. Leaders in DevOps and Cloud Engineering and Navy Modernization are who we are looking for – with a chance to make a real difference in the Navy of the future.
- Must have an Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- 5 years of experience in DevOps and Cloud technologies.
- A high school degree, or a GED, and five (5) years of relevant cloud engineering experience, Linux administrative experience, and Certifications in Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud management, cloud migration and cybersecurity engineering experience, OR
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field (this could include, but is not limited to computer science, computer engineering, engineering, engineering management, information science, information systems management, information technology, mathematics, operations research, statistics, technology management and system engineering), and three (3) years of relevant cloud engineering experience, Linux administrative experience, cloud migration and cybersecurity engineering experience.
- AS + 6 years’ experience
- BS + 4 years’ experience
- MS + 2 years’ experience
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma (Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline preferred)
- Experience: At least 5 years of providing security engineering and authorization support.
- Domain: At least 3 years’ experience in one or more technology domains in cloud computing, and DevSecOps processes and tool suite
- Certification: CISSP and/or Azure professional certification (Azure Administrator or Azure Solutions Architect Expert preferred)
- Familiarity with security scanning tools such tools Tenable’s Nessus and/or Security Center, OWSAP or similar
- Thorough knowledge of FedRAMP and NIST 800 Special Publications, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and other significant federal regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work on multi-functional teams
- College Park MD (On-Site)
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Personal Time Off plus all Federal holidays
- 401(k) Plan including matching component.
TechTrend, Inc. is a veteran-friendly small business providing expert solutions, products, and services to the Federal government. Founded in 2003, we continue to evolve with capabilities in cybersecurity, DevSecOps, cloud managed services, cloud migration, and application development. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and leading provider of Azure cloud services. TechTrend is recognized as a trusted partner delivering knowledge and guidance for our client’s most critical and complex support and service needs. As a liaison for positive organizational change, we form relationships and build bridges while ensuring quality across functions—gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide. TechTrend is a fast-growing company with a dynamic, inclusive corporate culture headquartered in a state-of-the-art facility near the well-known Fairfax Mosaic District.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.