Senior Data Integration Architect
Position is to support a US government client of TechTrend – supporting the Chief Technology Office (CTO). The CTO Senior Data Architect performs advanced highly complex (senior-level) data analysis and data architecture work that involves data modeling; implementing and managing database systems, data warehouses, and data analytics; and designing strategies and setting standards for operations, programming, and security.
- Determines database requirements by analyzing business operations, applications, and programming; reviewing business objectives; and evaluating current systems.
- Obtains data model requirements, develops, and implements data models for new projects, and maintains existing data models and data architectures.
- Develops data structures for data warehouses and initiatives
- Supports data analytics and business intelligence systems
- Designs database changes to support new and modified applications, and ensures new designs conform to data standards and guidelines; are consistent, normalized, and perform as required; and are secure from unauthorized access or update
- Provides guidelines on creating data models and various standards relating to governed data
- Reviews changes to technical and business metadata, realizing their impacts on enterprise applications, and ensures the impacts are communicated to appropriate parties
- Establishes measures to chart progress related to the completeness and quality of metadata for enterprise information; to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation and elimination of unnecessary movement of data; and to improve data quality
- Assists in selecting data management tools and developing the standards, usage guidelines, and procedures for using those tools.
- Assists in identifying appropriate data sourcing and extraction processes, and in identifying and nominating sources as systems of record for data usage in various applications
- Assists in performing root cause analyses related to information issues and non-conformance to published data standards based on review of technical metadata of various source systems
Minimum of five years’ experience in the following:
- Enterprise data architecture including design of master data, metadata, reference data, data warehousing, and business intelligence
- Design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions
- Conduct of data requirements gathering sessions focused on data object mapping, data transformation and planning
- Development of conceptual, logical, and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence
- Creation and maintenance of current and target-state data architectures
One or more of the following or equivalent is highly desired:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Data Analytics
- Data Science Council of America (DASCA) Senior Big Data Engineer
- Google Professional Data Engineer
Additional Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience: At least 5 years of data architecture
- Cloud computing knowledge or similar Information Technology experience is a plus
- Translate technical concepts into language appropriate for the intended audience
- Synthesize work from other team members and partners and drive consensus among key stakeholders
- Use standard office tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Words, Excel, etc.) to produce visually appealing and concise documents and diagrams for the intended audiences
- Candidate must conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
- Excellent communication, analytical and technical writing skills are required
- Be able to multi-task and support many projects
- Self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines. Willingness to deliver continuous value to the client
- U.S. Citizenship is preferred but green card holder is acceptable
- Must be willing to undergo a Public Trust background investigation
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short, Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO & Federal Holidays Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Access to state-of-the-art gymnasium (at TechTrend HQ)
- Premium coffee bar (at TechTrend HQ)
TechTrend, Inc. is a veteran-friendly small business providing expert solutions, products, and services to the federal government. Founded in 2003, we continue to evolve with capabilities in cybersecurity, DevSecOps, cloud managed services, cloud migration, and application development. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and leading provider of Azure cloud services. TechTrend is recognized as a trusted partner delivering knowledge and guidance for our client’s most critical and complex support and service needs. As a liaison for positive organizational change, we form relationships and build bridges while ensuring quality across functions—gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide. TechTrend is a fast-growing company with a dynamic, inclusive corporate culture headquartered in a state-of-the-art facility near the well-known Fairfax Mosaic District.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.