MS Azure Cloud Engineer
TechTrend is one of the top MSFT Azure consultancies in the country, and our clients are looking for our expertise to help them manage their Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) workloads in Azure.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be a critical part of our core team that is an essential to the success of our Cloud Operations Division.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders
- Leading and coordinating the work of an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, specifically including developers, subject matter experts, database administrators, system administrators, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications.
- Serving as a technical advisor to management concerning the planning, development, design, procurement, maintenance, and implementation of enterprise-level systems.
- Microsoft Azure to deploy highly-available, scalable, and secure applications
- Working with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
- The Cloud Engineer is a cloud role in the project delivery cycle with hands-on experience migrating customers to the cloud and designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.
- 3+ years of experience releasing a product in Azure Cloud technologies and distributed system
- Demonstrated experience in implementing zero touch deployment, blue green deployment, strong in CI/CD
- 2+ years of experience using Terraform or ARM templates to deploy infrastructure components into cloud-based solutions
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve incidents for customers infrastructure running in Azure.
- Install, configure, and administer customer systems in Azure.
- Perform regular reviews, document systems, processes, and procedures.
- Follow up on issues via e-mail, ticketing system, and phone calls with our customers.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
- Interact with customers to identify IT problems and troubleshoot expediently.
- Communicate ticket status information to all team members.
- Coordinate with internal/external resources, to include Tier-2 and Tier-3 support, to implement projects and solve IT issues.
- Work with project managers and client systems team to implement IT capabilities.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Application Insights, Microsoft Operations
- Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL management
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering required
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, and load balancing
- General understanding of CMS applications, .Net Framework and/or .Net Core
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of Windows System Administration/Support
- 3+ years of Azure Cloud Administration
- Associate degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent work experiences
- Azure Certifications (AZ-900, AZ-104, AZ-300 is a plus)
Work Location: Remote
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Insurance
- All federal holidays off
- Vacation: 2 weeks
- 401(k) Plan
- Gym access at HQ
TechTrend, Inc. is a Small Business providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading provider of enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend is a noted and trusted partner to our clients who seek our knowledge and guidance for their most critical and complex IT projects. TechTrend’s mission is to provide comprehensive, enterprise-wide IT solutions to our clients’ complex challenges. We serve as a liaison for positive organizational change by forming relationships and building bridges across functions, gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users, and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.