Senior Technical Writer
In this position, you are a Senior Technical Writer responsible to manage information, generate content, edit content, and prepare final production of very high-quality artifacts. The technical writer must possess exceptional technical writing skills and have exceptional organizational abilities in order to take complex information from subject matter experts and translate into a format understandable by the end-users. You will work in a customer-facing role in a dynamic team environment with multiple touchpoints interfacing with many stakeholders.
Functions and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of technical writing including the editing of documents and related support such as information management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support general technical writing duties (e.g. meeting minutes, action items, agendas, reports, meeting materials, standard operating procedures, policies, guidance documents, and other technical deliverables);
- Write and edit technical documents/manuals/brochures that aligns with the writing style and expectations of the client and intended audience;
- Develop and manage content for customer website;
- Assist with program development and writing for the customer’s strategic communications deliverables;
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, research information on the Internet and review older documents as references to generate new content;
- Perform knowledge management to organize and maintain an easily accessible and searchable repository;
- Edits existing and new documentation to assure accuracy, clarity, and conformance to the latest standards and guidelines;
- Support the editing of briefing materials
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma but prefer Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technical discipline
- Experience: At least 5 years of technical writing experience
- Cloud computing knowledge or similar Information Technology experience is a plus
- Strong track record and experience as a technical writer in the DoD or federal space supporting IT projects is desired but not required
- Translate technical concepts into language appropriate for the intended audience
- Synthesize work from other team members and partners and drive consensus among key stakeholders
- Use standard office tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Words, Excel, etc.) to produce visually appealing and concise documents and diagrams for the intended audiences
- Candidate must conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
- Excellent communication, analytical and technical writing skills are required
- Be able to multi-task and support many projects
- Self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines. Willingness to deliver continuous value to the client
- S. Citizenship is preferred but green card holder is acceptable but must pass a background investigation for Public Trust
- Must be willing to undergo a background investigation
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short, Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO & Federal Holidays Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Access to state-of-the-art gymnasium (at TechTrend HQ)
- Premium coffee bar (at TechTrend HQ)
TechTrend, Inc. is a veteran-friendly small business providing expert solutions, products, and services to the federal government. Founded in 2003, we continue to evolve with capabilities in cybersecurity, DevSecOps, cloud managed services, cloud migration, and application development. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and leading provider of Azure cloud services. TechTrend is recognized as a trusted partner delivering knowledge and guidance for our client’s most critical and complex support and service needs. As a liaison for positive organizational change, we form relationships and build bridges while ensuring quality across functions—gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide. TechTrend is a fast-growing company with a dynamic, inclusive corporate culture headquartered in a state-of-the-art facility near the well-known Fairfax Mosaic District.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.