Senior Technical Writer
In this position, you are a Senior Technical Writer responsible to manage information, generate content, edit content, and prepare final production of very high-quality artifacts. The technical writer must possess exceptional technical writing skills and have exceptional organizational abilities in order to take complex information from subject matter experts and translate into a format understandable by the end-users. You will work in a customer-facing role in a dynamic team environment with multiple touchpoints interfacing with many stakeholders.
Functions and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of technical writing including the editing of documents and related support such as information management. Specific responsibilities include:
Support general technical writing duties (e.g. meeting minutes, action items, agendas, reports, meeting materials, standard operating procedures, policies, guidance documents, and other technical deliverables)
Support the editing of briefing materials
Edits existing and new documentation to assure accuracy, clarity, and conformance to the latest standards and guidelines;
Perform data management to maintain a repository of information that is easily accessible and searchable
Collaborate with subject matter experts, research information on the Internet and review older documents as references to generate new content
Write and edit technical documents/manuals/brochures that aligns with the writing style and expectations of the client and intended audience
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma but prefer Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technical discipline
- Experience: At least 5 years of technical writing experience
- Cloud computing or similar Information Technology experience is a plus
- Strong track record and experience as a technical writer in the federal space supporting IT projects
- Translate technical concepts into language appropriate for the intended audience
- Synthesize work from other team members and partners and drive consensus among key stakeholders
- Use standard office tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Words, Excel, etc.) to produce visually appealing and concise documents and diagrams for the intended audiences
- Candidate must conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
- Excellent communication, analytical and technical writing skills are required
- Be able to multi-task and support many projects
- Self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines. Willingness to deliver continuous value to the client
- U.S. Citizenship is preferred but green card holder is acceptable but must pass a background investigation for Public Trust
- Must be willing to undergo a background investigation
Work Location: Prefer local to Northern Virginia but remote work is acceptable
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short, Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO & Federal Holidays Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Access to state-of-the-art gymnasium (at TechTrend HQ)
- Premium coffee bar (at TechTrend HQ)
TechTrend, Inc. is a Small Business providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading provider of enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend is a noted and trusted partner to our clients who seek our knowledge and guidance for their most critical and complex IT projects. TechTrend’s mission is to provide comprehensive, enterprise-wide IT solutions to our clients’ complex challenges. We serve as a liaison for positive organizational change by forming relationships and building bridges across functions, gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users, and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend Job Application
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.