Configuration Management Specialist(Must have Active Clearance)
March 24th, 2021
As a Configuration Management Specialist (Lead) on our team you will collaborate with personnel to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support.
Responsible for configuration management planning. Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits. Responsible for configuration planning. Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software, and related documentation. Responsible for configuration change control. Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software. Responsible for configuration status accounting. Tracks all problems and changes in product documents and software and reports changes and current configuration. Responsible for configuration audits. Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met by the as-built software. Supports software quality assurance process audits. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain configuration baselines supporting developmental and operational systems. Recommend CM tools and implement CM policies and procedures. Develop and modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to support developmental or operational systems.
- Establish formal software development, code control, and build processes for major and minor (patches) releases and full integration. Establish and maintain documentation to include, but not limited to, system and application versioning and changelogs.
- Establish and maintain a Configuration Control Plan, adhering to configuration control standards for any changes. Identify and track changes and update system and design documentation within 15 days of changes being implemented.
- Coordinate deployment plans and system user communities.
- Build and provide Technical Data Packages for supported systems bi-annually.
- BA/BS with at least 10 years of Configuration Management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
Location: Springfield VA, Mark Center, (Some Telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- PTO & All federal holidays off
- 401(k) Plan (matching component included)
- Free Gym Access at Headquarters
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.