Principal Systems Engineer (Must have Active Clearance)
March 24th, 2021
As a Principal Systems Engineer you will collaborate to oversee our portfolio of systems – ensuring quality, performance, and efficiencies are realized. You will be part of a team operating as an MSP, to supply holistic IT support.
Applies a comprehensive set of systems engineering principles and disciplines supporting Windows NT 4.0 / 2000 and HP UX 11.0 administration and network support. Installs and configures the servers and client software upgrades, as well as provide network monitoring and firewall configuration. Provides engineering support, tests, administers, and troubleshoots mail server. Develops engineering assessments of different configurations. including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects.
- Develop technical documentation, which shall adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.
- Create and interpret representations of systems
- Validate the software solution and each update can be installed successfully in the environment and is responsible for identifying any additional factors that need to be considered for successful deployment.
- Perform for root cause analysis of reoccurring operational issues, interfacing with other IT support organizations as needed to identify and correct the issue.
- Support Government requirements to accomplish submittal of new and amended Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages including system configuration of all components.
- Draft, deliver, and implement data migration plans for ingesting new customers and data from their legacy systems.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, to include but not limited to Dynamics Customer Relationship Management, SharePoint, SQL, Identity Management, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Exchange.
- DoD 8570 certified at IAT or IAM Level I
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance
Location: Springfield VA, Mark Center, (Some Telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Insurance
- All federal holidays off
- PTO: 2 weeks
- Gym Membership
About TechTrend, Inc.
TechTrend is an innovative enterprise IT solutions provider that delivers scalable, repeatable, and predictable mission outcomes. From the cloud to the desktop, clients trust us because they know we will deliver a solution that works for today – and sets them up for future success.
Founded in 2003, TechTrend blazes new trails in the world of enterprise IT services and solutions. Put simply, TechTrend is a trusted advisor to agencies and organizations that need an agile, future-focused approach to enterprise IT.
TechTrend helps our customers achieve success today and address future needs through advisory services in cloud computing, application development, IT engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile enablement.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.