Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
TechTrend is currently seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer with a strong focus on MS Azure. The selected candidate will be involved with transforming development and testing environments from on-premises to cloud-based. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions and execute on deliverables.
- Contribute to the architectural design for private, hybrid and public cloud environment
- Design and implement new systems and cloud infrastructure in support of business and development needs
- Administer and support cloud infrastructure implementation and migration, leveraging virtualization, automation, and orchestration technologies in Microsoft Azure
- Contribute to the implementation of wide-range IT systems such as virtualization, hyper-converged, high-availability, and security integrated solution
- Provide day to day support of overall infrastructure including network, physical and virtual servers and storage
- Maintain and support the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems
- Analyze, develop and maintain the systems. Verify and validate systems meet both operations and security requirements of the organization and FedRAMP Moderate authorization
- 5 or more years of experience doing application and/or infrastructure solution architecture
- 4 or more years of experience building cloud architecture with Azure
- 5 plus years of Experience with Windows Server management (2012 r2, 2016)
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Application Insights, Microsoft Operations
- Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL management
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates
- Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering required]
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, and load balancing General understanding of CMS applications, .Net Framework and/or .Net Core Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with limited supervision Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leading and coordinating the work of an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, specifically including developers, subject matter experts, database administrators, system administrators, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications.
- The candidate will be mostly involved with transforming development and testing environments from on-premises to cloud-based.
- Serving as a technical advisor to management concerning the planning, development, design, procurement, maintenance and implementation of enterprise-level systems.
- Microsoft Azure to deploy highly available, scalable, and secure applications
- Working with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
- The Cloud Engineer is a cloud role in the project delivery cycle with hands-on experience migrating customers to the cloud and designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.
- Knowledge of the following technologies is required: Azure, Linux, Windows Server, Networking skills, Active Directory Management,
- Knowledge of the following technologies is preferred: AWS and Google cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Office 365, and GitHub Enterprise Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, or engineering.
- Preferred certifications: AZ-301 and AZ-300
Work Location: Fairfax, VA (100% Remote work as an option)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Short and Long-term Insurance
- All federal holidays off
- PTO: 2 weeks
- Gym Membership
TechTrend, Inc., is a Small Business providing IT products and services to both the government and commercial markets. We were founded in 2003 and continue to evolve as a leading provider of enterprise-wide services and technology solutions. TechTrend is a noted and trusted partner to our clients who seek our knowledge and guidance for their most critical and complex IT projects. TechTrend’s mission is to provide comprehensive, enterprise-wide IT solutions to our clients’ complex challenges. We serve as a liaison for positive organizational change by forming relationships and building bridges across functions, gaining buy-in from both leaders and end-users, and removing barriers to mission success. Our established processes ensure quality delivery of results by maximizing efficiency, productivity, and client satisfaction enterprise wide. We are our client’s trusted advisors.
Join the TechTrend Talent Pool
We are always on the lookout for professionals who want to bring their experience, demonstrated talent, and vision to TechTrend. Is that you? If so, send a message to our hiring coordinator using the form below. If your skills are a good fit for our business strategy, we’ll be in touch.
TechTrend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotion, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.